This is a new route for Zanskar Bike Trip, Earlier it used to be a long journey as you have to go to Kargil and then Zanskar, but now this new route from Wanla is introduced and ready for biking. This new route for Zanskar is much of an offroad and have fewer asphalt, Motorcyclist will love this route for its scenery and dirt road. And this motorcycle trip to Zanskar is going to be an experience like no other. You can choose the bike of your liking and an experienced mechanic will be at your service in case of a breakdown.
Passes like Shinkula and Singela will test the riders ability to tackle the terrain offered to them, this route has more to offer to an offroad enthusiast then all the other routes of Ladakh. This is a 10-day biking tour for Zanskar and all the other attractions of Ladakh, and this trip is a combination of all difficult, medium and easy terrain. A backup vehicle will be provided for support throughout the tour.
The new route for Padum is descending from Singe-la to Nyerak village, earlier it used to be from Lingshed and then Padum. The road from Nyerak village has few of the best picturesque landscape of Zanskar, you can see most of Trans-himalayan mountain range from Singe-la.
We can organize this trip for a private group or an absolute shared group, as well as you can customise it to your preference if you are a private group or more then 9 people. You can choose to rent out a bike in Ladakh or bring your very own, please check the link for Bike Rental Prices in Ladakh and outsiders bike policy.
Due to snowfall, the road from Kargil remains open for only about six months of the year, leaving Zanskar cut off from the rest of Ladakh for many long months each winter, barring one escape route: the famous ‘Chaddar Trek’ route, which involves walking out of Zanskar on the frozen surface of the Zanskar River. Make the most of this opportunity to visit Zanskar whilst it is still relatively unspoilt.
What is included in the tour
- Tour Completion Certificate
- Accommodation is on a triple sharing basis in camps/hotels mentioned or similar (for couple on Double sharing basis)
- Breakfast and Dinner throughout the tour (except breakfast on day 1)
- All inner line permit for the mentioned itinerary.
- Royal Enfield 500cc or Himalayan 410(on-demand)
- Complimentary riding jacket and Knee guard
- Fuel for the trip (mentioned itinerary)
- Helmet for both rider and pillion
- A Backup vehicle for support
- A Skilled mechanic for assistance
- A Tour Marshall
- Daily maintenance and spare parts.
- First Aid box in the car
- An oxygen cylinder in the car 24/7.
- All the sightseeing and excursion as per the itinerary.
What is NOT included in the tour
- Anything that is not mentioned in the cost inclusion
- Cost arising by damage to the bike
- Any cost arising due to unforeseen events like a landslide, road block etc.
- GST @ 5%
Day 1- Arrival and acclimate for the new altitude
Difficulty – Easy
Altitude gain – 3500m
Highlights – Shanti Stupa and Leh Palace
- Today you will arrive at the Leh airport where you will be received by one of our representative and will transfer to a hotel in Leh.
- Keep yourself hydrated and avoid any physical activity for today, you will need to acclimate to the new environment.
- In the evening you will visit Leh Palace and Shanti Stupa and will be dropped at the local bazaar at Leh.
- Overnight stay in Leh
Day 2- Leh to Lamayuru | Sangam point | Hall of Fame
Difficulty/Duration – Easy/Approx. 4 hours
Altitude gain – 10m
Highlights – Moonland view | Lamayuru monastery
- After breakfast you will leave for Lingshed Village, visit hall of fame (war memoribilia).
- After that you will come across Pathar saheb gurdwara, halt for a prayer and leave for Magnetic hill on the way.
- Head over to the deserted area of Taru Thang and enjoy the view of Ladakh Konkha, today will be a smooth ride as the road is national highway 1.
- After punching some miles you will come across Moonland view of Lamayuru, take some photos and head towards your hotel, later in the evening visit Village Monastery on a hill.
- After that return to your hotel and prepare for the big day tomorrow.
- Overnight stay at Lamayuru.
Day 3- Lamayuru to Padum (Zanskar) via warila | Sir Sir-La | Singe-La
Difficulty/Duration – Difficult/Approx. 8 hours
Altitude gain – 180m
Highlights – Offroad, Zanskar river and picturesque landscape
- Fill your tummy with a lip smacking breakfast, its a big day.
- After punching some mile you will come across Wanla village, and after short riding you will see beautiful village of Photoksar, where you will see stunning monestary, take a break at sir sir la and continue riding.
- Reach Singe-la pass 16590ft, and you will take a turn to the left into Nyerak village.
- “Zanskar” this is a offbeat track so make sure to strap your bags the right way, Zanskar bike trip is indeed a test of your riding skills and you have to be slow at the corners, i can’t emphasise this enough but you have to ride the bike within your skillsets.
- You will come across many spectacular landscape on the way, so feel free to stop for a photography session.
- After riding for sometime you will come across Zanskar river, and the first village of Zanskar Zangla village (Headquarter of Zanskar). And after riding your motorcycle for half an hour you will see Stongday village on your left, there is a beautiful monastery on the left side of the road when you are heading towards Padum, Padum is the main market of Zanskar and also the biggest village.
- Roam around the bazaar and overnight stay at Padum.
Day 4- Padum to Purne ( Phuktal Monastery trek) Shinkula pass (16580 ft)
Difficulty/Duration – Easy/Approx. 3 hours
Altitude gain – 200m at Purne as compared to Padum
Highlights – Offroad, Gombo Rangjun (sacred mountain of Ladakh), Skinku-la pass (16580ft)
After a healthy breakfast, you will leave for Purne, and again the terrain is Asphalt. Follow the tour guide and keep your pace with the rest of the riders. After some miles you will come across beautiful village of Purnay, the view is amazing at this village then the last village of Zanskar is Kargyak.
Today you will stay at Purne,
Trek towards Phugtal Monastery, it can take about 2 hrs for regular trekkers and about 3 hrs for non-regular trekkers. After reaching the monastery, have your lunch at Phuktal.
There is a small guest house and restaurant which is run by Phuktal monastery monks for the trekkers, you can get Maggi or tea.
Trek back to Purne camp via same route, have your dinner and enjoy the silence of this valley.Overnight stay at Purne Campsite.
Day 5- Purne to Serchu | Gombo Rangjon | Shinku-La ( 16580ft)
Difficulty/Duration – Moderate/Approx. 7 hours
Altitude gain – 450m as compared to Purne
Highlights – Gombo Rangjon, Shinkula pass, Baralacha-la pass
- After a healthy breakfast, you will leave for Serchu, and again the terrain is offroad. Follow the tour guide and keep your pace with the rest of the rider. After some miles you will come across beautiful village of Kargyak, the view is amazing at this village then the last village of Zanskar is Kargyak.
- You will not fail to see a beautiful mountain (Gombo Rangjun) in the middle of nowhere, this is a sacred mountain of Ladakh. Continue your journey for Shinku-La pass, and the road down is bit tricky, be mindful of the of your riding for this Zanskar bike trip.
- And after sometimes you will be joining the route of Leh-Manali highway at Darcha, and continue your trip for Serchu, which is an asphalt road and will give your back the rest it needs.
- Overnight stay at Serchu.
Day 6- Serchu to Tsomoriri | Ghata Loop | Moore plain | Tsokar
Difficulty/Duration – Difficult/Approx 7 hours
Altitude gain – 0m
Highlights – Lachung-La, Ghata Loop, Pang,
- After a healthy breakfast leave for Tsomoriri
- Serchu to Tsomoriri is the most sought after route for bikers as this terrain offers the best offroading, after some miles you will come across the famous Ghata loop which is a series of 21 hairpin bends and if you have a drone the view looks amazing from above.
- reach lachung-la and its time for some photography, after some time you will come across Pang, you will take your lunch break here, After Pang starts Moore plain which is around 40 km of barren land and offers great visibility of the area. enjoy the road and take a turn at Debring for Tsomoriri, on the way you will come across Puga Hotspring,
- if time permits take some time at Puga hotspring and leave for Tsomoriri via Tsokar, which is a little dried salt lake, its not dried all the way but the plain of tsokar looks mesmerising, you may spot Blacked neck Crane if you are lucky.
- Reach Tsomoriri and rest for the evening, Have your dinner and Stay at Tsomoriri.
Day 7- Tsomoriri to Hanle
Difficulty/Duration – Moderate/Approx. 6 hours
Altitude loss - 200m as compared to Tsomoriri
Highlights – Hanle Observatory, Hanle Monastery
After breakfast, begin your journey to the remote location of Hanle that inhabits only 200 families.
You will witness the world’s second-highest observatory for stars of (ISRO) and also visit Mahe bridge on the way and enjoy the beautiful views of the hot springs there.
You will also get a chance to witness the changes in the landscape and watch the mountains change hue in the most brilliant way possible.The night sky view in Hanle offers you to enjoy the peaceful and calm atmosphere while gazing at the starry sky.
Visit the Observatory before 5 pm.
Sum up the day after a hearty meal and enjoy a comfortable stay.
Overnight stay at Camp in Hanle.
Day 8- Hanle - Umling-La - Hanle
Difficulty/Duration – Difficult/Approx 8 hours
Altitude gain – 1580m from Hanle to Umling-la
Highlights –Plain of Kalatartar, Nerbo-La, Umling-La (World highest motorable road)
Take a hefty breakfast, lube the chain of your bike, check for loose nuts and bolts and head towards Hanle bridge, stay in a group and don’t keep huge distance between riders. Our road captain and backup car will coordinate with a radio.
After crossing the bridge you will come across Kalatartar plain, it is same as the Moore plain of leh manali road but not an asphalt one. This is off-road with sands flying from the rider ahead of you so ride in any direction you want to avoid the sand.
This bike expedition to Umling-la is about this terrain and serenity of the place. You can meditate for a while if you want. Reach the top and take some photos and realise the accomplishment of your endeavour.
After absorbing your feat, head back to Hanle via same route.
Overnight stay at Hanle.
Day 9- Hanle to Leh via Chumathang (Hotspring)
Difficulty/Duration – Moderate/Approx 8 hours
Altitude of Leh - 3500m
Highlights – Chumathang Hotspring,
Don’t shy from taking a huge breakfast because Hanle to Leh is 240km. And you are going to need some calories to burn.
Start your day early around 7 am, so that we have spare time for soem sightseeing on the road, Head towards Chumathang, where you can go for a hotspring bath. today is 30% Offroad and 70% Asphalt. fuel the bike and leave for Leh
On the way back visit Thiksey monestary, 3-idiot school from the movie 3 idiot if time permits.
Overnight stay at hotel in Leh.
Day 10- Departure
- After the breakfast you will be transferred to the airport for your flight back home, Zanskar bike trip with Umling-la ends with loads of smile and memories, See you on our next adventure.
Solo Rider - INR 48,800
Dual Rider - INR 41,500
SIC ( Seat in Car) - INR 38,500
Own Bike Own Fuel - INR 29,500
*PLUS 5% GST
- Thermal Shirts ,
- Driving License and I.D Proof
- Comfortable boot for riding
- Pre on post or postpaid Airtel or Jio sim card
- Worm clothes in winter.
- Camera and power bank.
- Comfortable clothes.
- Personal medication
- Sunglass, Sunscreen cream,
- Personal toiletries
- Most of which you are going to carry boils down to your personal pereference.
To reserve a slot you need to pay ₹ 5000/person, at the time of booking the trip & balance to be paid 15 days before tour starts or on arrival in Leh.
Mototour ladakh holds no responsibility for road blocks or flight cancelled or any unforeseen situation happen on tour.
Child between 5 – 8 yrs is 30% of the total cost, Under without bed charges (no bed / extra mattress will be provided) and child above 8 yrs is considered adult (extra mattress will be provided)
- Our payment and Cancellation policy is really simple
- Booking amount of INR 5000 is non refundable
- No refund will be made once the tour starts.